The company THE WHISKY LODGE, hereinafter referred to as the Company, through the whiskylodge.com Website which it owns, processes personal data for the use of the Website and the services it provides.
- Visitors to the whiskylodge.com Website, hereinafter referred to as the Website;
- Users of the services provided on the Website;
- Customers making purchases on the Website or via the services provided, in accordance with the general Terms and Conditions.
1. Personal data collected
It is reminded that the use of the Website is strictly prohibited to persons under the legal age required to access the Website.
When browsing the Website:
When browsing the Website, the Company passively or automatically collects technical data relating to browsing, such as the date and time of connection and/or browsing, the type of browser used, and the IP address.
When creating a customer account:
When a customer creates an account on the Website, the company collects the data communicated knowingly by the customer, as requested in the registration form.
The data is the following:
- Last name*;
- First name*;
- E-mail address*;
- Date of birth*;
- Postal address *;
- Postcode *;
- Phone number.
Asterisks mark required fields.
Login data, such as email address and password to access customer accounts, is also collected.
By creating a customer account, the User agrees to receive information about THE WHISKY LODGE. The customer may, at any time, request to stop receiving this information.
Commercial and marketing messages come with an optional opt-out procedure to unsubscribe, via a hyperlink.
THE WHISKY LODGE may collect information when Users of the Website voluntarily participate in questionnaires (profession, favourite products).
When they make purchases on the Website, the following data is collected:
The delivery address and/or billing address if different:
- Last name;
- First name;
- E-mail address;
- Postal address;
The method of payment used to place the order and make the purchase.
Payment by credit card
Payment is made via a secure payment gateway. No customer’s banking data is recorded on the Website. Payment by credit card is secure, in accordance with applicable regulations.
Credit card details are secured using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol and are never communicated unencrypted online. Payment is made directly to the bank.
THE WHISKY LODGE does not have access to this information, which is not stored on the servers. Credit card details must therefore be provided for each new order on the Website.
Payment by PayPal
Payment is made via the secure PayPal platform.
This implies that no customer’s banking data is transmitted via the Website.
Payment by bank transfer
This type of payment excludes the transmission of banking information on the Website.
When the customer fills in the contact form on the Website, the following data is collected:
- Last name*;
- First name*;
- Phone number;
- Object of the request*;
- Order number;
Asterisks mark required fields.
Purpose and recipients of the data:
THE WHISKY LODGE is the sole recipient of personal data.
Personal data will not be disclosed, rented or sold.
Purpose of data processing:
Personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- To carry out operations relating to the management of customer accounts (creation, modification, etc.);
- To process orders and purchases of goods (processing of the order, delivery, follow-up, issue of invoices, etc.);
- To manage customer requests for information and customer complaints;
- To produce studies and statistics;
- to send commercial and advertising information.
2. Legal basis for processing
Customer consent is presumed when collecting and processing personal data for the creation of a customer account and/or a contact request.
Personal data is only collected and processed if at least one of the following conditions is met:
- The Users of the Website have consented to the collection and processing of their personal data;
- There is a legitimate interest for the processing to be carried out;
- The performance of the contract between the Users and THE WHISKY LODGE requires the processing;
- the Whisky Lodge is bound by legal and regulatory obligations to perform the processing.
3. Duration of data retention
Personal data is kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Thus, the following data is kept for:
- Three (3) years after the last purchase by the customer of a product on the Website;
- Three (3) years after the last contact with THE WHISKY LODGE;
- Three (3) years after the data is collected to create the customer account.
In all cases, the data will be archived for the time necessary to meet our legal, accounting and tax obligations.
4. Security and privacy
We implement organisational, technical and physical measures to ensure an adequate level of security and to protect the personal data collected against alteration, destruction and unauthorised access.
When using a public or shared computer, Users are invited to disable login memorisation and to systematically disconnect from their profile.
Users are invited to immediately notify THE WHISKY LODGE in the event of loss and/or fraudulent access by contacting email@example.com.
5. Rights of individuals
In accordance with the French Data Protection and Civil Liberties Act of 6 January 1978 and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016, the Users are expressly granted the following rights:
- Right to access their personal data: the Users may contact the Website at any time to request confirmation that their personal data is processed and to receive a copy of it by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to rectify personal data: the Users may rectify their personal data through their customer account, provided they maintain the data required for the proper performance of the contract. The Users may contact the Website at any time by writing to email@example.com to request that their personal data be updated and/or modified. All personal data provided must be accurate and up to date.
- Right to delete personal data: the Users may contact the Website to request the deletion of their personal data from the Website's databases. To do this and in accordance with the recommendations of the French data protection authority, we request you provide us with proof of identity in order to avoid identity theft.
The request can be made by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or to THE WHISKY LODGE 7, rue Ferrandière 69002 LYON, FRANCE.
However, the Users are informed that exercising this right is not possible when storing personal data is necessary with regard to the applicable legislation and regulations, and in particular for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restrict personal data processing: the Users may contact the Website via email@example.com to request that the processing of their personal data be restricted in the cases provided for by the legislation and regulations.
Right to object to personal data processing: the Users may at any time object to their personal data being processed.
Right to withdraw consent: where the processing carried out is based on the Users’ consent, the Users may withdraw it at any time. To do this and in accordance with the recommendations of the French data protection authority, the Users are invited to provide proof of identity in order to avoid identity theft.
Right to data portability: the Users may request the transfer of their data to another data controller, in compliance with the applicable legislation.
Right to define the guidelines regarding how the Users’ data is processed after their death: the Users may contact the Website to communicate these guidelines.
Right to lodge an appeal with the French data protection authority: for more information, we invite you to consult the Website of the French data protection authority: https://www.cnil.fr.
How to exercise your rights:
These rights can be exercised by sending a written request by post to the following address:
THE WHISKY LODGE
7 rue Ferrandière
As well as by e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +33 4 78 42 48 22.
In accordance with the provisions of Article L.223-2 of the French Consumer Code, customers are informed that they can, if they so wish, register on a telephone canvassing opposition list available on the Website bloctel.gouv.fr.